Saturday, November 09, 2013

An Idea

I'll start by showing two photos I took with the laptop camera.





I regret that the photos were taken under less than ideal conditions but the rust spots are visible.

The photos are of a magazine for a Norinco AK-47 chambered in the 5.56 x 45 mm NATO cartridge. I purchased the weapon and magazines while preparing for an insurrection during the Clinton Administration. I could have bought a standard AK-47 but chose this particular weapon because if I lived long enough I could use captured ammunition without changing to a captured M16 series weapon. As a result of my experience in the US Army I was not a fan of the M16A1 or any related weapon.

So how did this magazine come to be in such an awful condition?

Two years ago I was a cab driver struggling to make enough to cover the extortion payments levied by our so-called state and federal governments. I went to bed and about a month later I was hospitalized for pneumonia and had a heart attack resulting in anoxia and brain damage. I was not expected to live. At this time my mother and one of my brothers cleared out my apartment. One of the things that happened during this process was that my business records for driving a cab were thrown out. Fortunately my mother took my weapons into storage at her home. But the brother took the web gear with loaded magazines and stored them in his garage. As a result the web gear became moldy and the magazines rusted.

A real citizen should have known better than to do this.

I was beyond the state of anger when I saw the magazines. My brother had acted out of ignorance, as if he were a dog that had defecated on a valuable antique rug.

One of the facts of the matter was that I had not read in any member of my family on the full extent of my political activities including my connection to the Special Forces Underground and The Resister. But allowing rifle magazines to rust is simply inexcusable.

One of the ideas that has been rattling about in the remnant of my brain is that a mere warm body should not exercise political authority. I acquired this thought from reading Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein about a decade before picking up anything written by Ayn Rand. The fact is that all forms of authority are based on knowledge and political authority is no exception.

But in the present system political authority is granted to any warm body without regard to their the actual state of knowledge. As a result some warm bodies have traded their votes for a material object such as an IPad or a wad of cash. Or worse they have traded their votes for the warm and fuzzy feeling of having been compassionate.

The result is out present state of our nation. Those who lack knowledge or simple concern for consequences should not have authority over another person, let alone the fate of a nation.

Heinlein's proposed solution to the problem is relatively easy to look up for yourself. Or you can purchase a copy of Starship Troopers from Ace Books.

My solution to the problem is simply proper education in the obligations of citizenship.

The course would be similar to a driver education course as presently taught. The first part of the class covers The Constitution, the proper functions of each branch of government, the function of each clause and amendment, the duties of the citizen as the sovereign authority of the nation, and what happened when the Federal Government was allowed to enter the failure mode.

The second part of the course covers the function and use of the instrument of political authority, the personal weapon. This covers rifle marksmanship and maintenance. Also covered is the basic organization and tactics of the citizen militia unit.

While the citizenship course will not be mandatory, completion and a passing grade will be required to exercise the authority to vote.

What are your questions on this block of instruction?

No comments: