Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Problem I Have

Some people do not understand that Leslie is a gender neutral name.  This has led to no small amount of annoyance with people who expect to interact with a woman.  For example, I had an appointment to see an optometrist last week.  The woman who called to confirm the appointment heard a male voice and did not understand that she was actually speaking to the correct person.  She also came across as being dumb in general.

The appointment itself was another CF altogether.  I waited thirty one minutes after the specified time of the visit before I walked out without being seen by the optometrist.  This is inexcusable.

And given the fact that I have a gender neutral name I have decided to skip the bachelor party altogether.

[LINK HERE, NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR FAMILY]

And remember, it's down the block, not across the street.

No comments: