Monday, September 15, 2008

Stuart Smalley's Daily Affirmations for the Inner Communist

For those of you who spent the last five years in some godforsaken hellhole working to fulfill your part of the Five Year Plan the self-proclaimed comedian Al Franken is running against Norm Coleman for a seat in the United States Senate on behalf of the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party of Minnesota. (Yes, it is as bad as it sounds.) So in order to provide Comrade Franken with an actual example of comedy I present:

Stuart Smalley's Daily Affirmations for the Inner Communist

Monday:

"I'm going to execute and expropriate today just for the heck of it because, gosh darn it, I deserve to have a good time."

Tuesday:

"I am not a fraud, a Marxist yes, but not a fraud."

Wednesday:

"I deserve all the mass adulation from the people I can get without feeling ashamed or being grandiose."

Thursday:

"I will express my feelings today. I will not hide them behind my mustache. My mustache is not a mask for my feelings, but rather a small patch of facial hair that covers my inadequacies."

Friday:

"When I rob a bank for the cause, I will not be playing those parent tapes in my head: "You wield a revolver like a girl" . . . "Why can't you be more like Stalin?" . . . "Philosophy? What kind of major is that? It's useless!"

Saturday:

"Just because I execute Christians and counter-revolutionaries does not mean I'm an mass-murdering psychopath like my father."

Sunday:

"If I must violently put down a counter-revolution today, it is not because I am a bad person or that I am not worthy of love; it is because my people are a bunch of religion-addicted capitalist sons-of-bitches--and I am mean enough, ruthless enough, and dog gone it, people fear me."
__

1 comment:

Mark said...

I don't think most commies are deep enough thinkers to worry about daily affirmations.

They are too busy thinking of ways to loot the productive members of society.