Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Wolf Attack

Steve Barry, who used to edit and publish The Resister, once told me that as polemicists we had to de-humanize our opponents. I had to disagree. I said to him that our opponents on The Left had already de-humanized themselves, all we had to do was to simply and accurately describe what we observed of The Left.

Nick Queen at the Patriot Paradox had a story about Michele, a young lady from New York City had some personal doubts about her involvment in progressive causes and organizations and ultimately felt compelled to separate herself from them.

So now my birthday will marks the birth of my independence day. Today, I communicated with various political figures and organizations requesting they remove my name from their rolls, as I no longer want to be called or be associated with them or with their political positions in any way.

In return some of her former friends hacked her blog and effectively destroyed it.

Here's the proverbial thousand words on that subject.

This is not the behavior of free citizens, who may argue over the actual facts of reality and will take no for an answer to a request. This is the action of a gang of despot-wannabees, who will lie to get what they want and will treat the refusal to comply with any demand -- no matter how depraved the demand -- as a punishable offense.

No comments: