Monday, July 26, 2004

The Face of the Enemy

Jim Warner was a prisoner of war during the Vietnam War. In addition to the physical abuse that he suffered at the hands of his captors he and other prisoners were constantly subjected to attempts on the part of NVA political officers, basically missionaries of Marxism, to demoralize and ultimately to convert the American's held captive to the Marxist faith.

During one of these sessions Mr. Warner was shown a set of press clippings about "The Winter Soldier" hearings:

Suddenly, I read an article about my mother testifying. Unlike the leftists, she did not condemn the U.S., she merely stated that she hoped the war would end soon and I would be released. The next article mentioned testimony from my father. His was like my mother's testimony, merely expressing hope that the war would end soon and that all who suffered from war would find relief. Nothing they said fit with the virulent anti-American sentiments that the leftists had expressed. But having their testimony included in with the "testimony" of those who claimed to be veterans, and the left wing activists present, seemed to give a dignity to the whole proceeding that it did not merit.

When Boris returned he asked me what I thought. I told him that I was from Detroit, but did not recognize any of the names so I assumed that they were Communists brought in from around the country. "Not so," he cried. Look at this. He showed me a picture of an unforgettable face. "This man was an officer in your navy. He says that the war is illegal, immoral and unjust. Read what he says." I read the words of John Kerry.

At best Senator Kerry is a fool who has demonstrated his unfitness to hold public office and has also earned the contempt of soldier, sailor, and airman of the United States. Being of a more hardened frame of mind I will say that Comrade Kerry is clearly an enemy of the republic and should ultimately be dealt with as such.

Drop by for breakfast comrade.

No comments: