Monday, March 24, 2014

Breatfast Run

So this morning I stopped at a McDonald's to pick up a breakfast this morning.   As I walked back to my car across the parking lot someone else came in.  He didn't follow the rules for parking in the lot.  In fact he parked specifically on the stripped painted space between the handicapped spaces by the front door of the building.   I stood at the door of my car and watched him walk to the front door of the restaurant.  He then noticed me and spoke. He was actually angry at the fact that someone noticed his violation of the rule and objected to it.  He asked me if I wanted to fight him.  I said no.

The fact of the matter was that I actually wanted him to beat him to death at that point.

Back in the Late Eighties and early Nineties I worked as a daytime cashier of a parking lot in downtown Minneapolis.  There were no number of people who didn't want to pay for the use of the space or otherwise refused to follow rules.  Seriously, I could tell stories about the job.

The problem I always had were the people believed the basic rules didn't apply to them.  That they were superior beings who could do anything they wanted without regard to the consequences inflicted on others.

In short, they were members of the Master Class.

I will have more to say about the Master Class later.

No comments: