Monday, September 19, 2011

I Almost Forgot About This

Today is Talk Like A Pirate Day so I'm reposting this once again:

This was originally posted on a site that no longer exists except in the Internet Archive:

Daily Affirmations for your Inner Pirate
Once you've gotten in touch with your inner pirate, the job is not over. Remember to consult the Affirmations for your Inner Pirate:

Stuart Smalley's Daily Affirmations for the Inner Pirate


Monday:
"I'm going to rape and pillage today just for the heck of it because, gosh darn it, I deserve to have a good time."

Tuesday:
"I am not a fraud, a thief yes, but not a fraud."

Wednesday:
"I deserve all the loot and booty I can carry without feeling ashamed or being grandiose."

Thursday:
"I will express my feelings today. I will not hide them behind my eyepatch. My eyepatch is not a mask for my feelings, but rather a small swatch of leather that covers a hideous scar."

Friday:
"When I overtake that merchants vessel, I will not be playing those parent tapes in my head: "You wield a cutlass like a girl" . . . "Why can't you be more like Blackbeard's son?" . . . "Philosophy? What kind of major is that? It's useless!"

Saturday:
"Just because I indulge in wine and wenches does not mean I'm an alcoholic sex-addict like my father."

Sunday:
"If I must violently put down a mutiny today, it is not because I am a bad person or that I am not worthy of love; it is because my crew are a bunch of yellow-bellied, lily-livered sons-of-whores--and I am mean enough, ruthless enough, and dog gone it, people fear me."

transcribed by James R. Torrence

Arrrrrr...
_

No comments: