Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Shattered Window

Lakeville, Minnesota, September 23, 2004 (Via When Angry Democrats Attack):



In the words of the family whose car was vandalized:

My wife and I are former Democrats. Until the 1998 election, we rarely voted for someone other than a Democrat. Since then, we have rarely voted for a Democrat and it is almost always for a Republican.

We have never been much for political yard signs or bumper stickers, but this year, when we were at the State Fair, we decided to buy Bush/Cheney bumper stickers for our cars.

I needed to leave my car outside, but in the driveway, overnight on the night of September 23, 2004. When I left for work on the morning of the 24th, I sure was surprised at what I found! (See attached photo.)

The hole was much smaller when I first discovered it. It grew in size as a result of shutting the car door. Lakeville Police think it was shot out, most likely with a BB gun. (Rather ironic when the Democrats are a party of non-violence!) I did file a police report and can provide the case number if you wish to verify my photo/story. The police officer said sign vandalism in this area is happening about 6:1 against people who support Bush/Cheney.


No comments: