Saturday, August 12, 2006

Quote of the Day

Ari Shavit at the Haaretz.com wrote:

Chutzpah has its limits. You cannot lead an entire nation to war promising victory, produce humiliating defeat and remain in power. You cannot bury 120 Israelis in cemeteries, keep a million Israelis in shelters for a month, wear down deterrent power, bring the next war very close, and then say - oops, I made a mistake.

Must I state the painfully obvious?

The fight for Human Life is a fight to the death.

And when I say Human Life I do not mean a mere physical existence. I mean life as a rational person who is fully in charge of his or her own life. Life as a slave, to exist as hominid livestock to be used by self-appointed superior beings, is valueless. And contrary to the feelings of pacifists, peace for a slave is an abomination.

(I could go on about what I really think of peace activists but I'll keep it short by paraphrasing Keith Richards: I don't have a problem with shooting peace activists, I only have a problem with the police.)

Hezbollah exists for a single purpose, to commit mass murder. It has no rights. It cannot be negotiated with. It can only be destroyed, it must be totally erased from the face of the Earth.

Hezbollah are nothing more than vermin fit only for extermination. There is simply no other morally valid alternative.

We must remember that government is force. It should exist solely to protect the Life, Liberty, and Property of the citizens and legal residents of the nation. Government is not a platform for someone to strut about and feel good about themselves. And anyone who cannot make the effort to permanently eliminate the voluntary walking hazards to Human Life has no business standing for ANY public office. None whatsoever.

We can only hope that Prime Minister Olmert steps aside as soon as possible, and that Hezbollah violates the truce so that the Israel Defense Forces can go ahead and finish the necessary task at hand.

What are your questions on this block of instruction?


A hat tip to His Imperial Majesty, Darth Misha I

_

No comments: