Saturday, July 17, 2004

Just For The Taste Of It!


"You've taught me a valuable lesson, never drink anything without first looking at the can."

-- Dana Wolfe, Landlady
Dana came downstairs to my lair (for want of a better term) and negotiated the purchase of a can of Diet Coke for her caffeine fix.

Dana apparently believed that I was so much a conservative creature of habit, that it was absolutely and utterly inconceivable that I could have anything other than Diet Coke in my fridge, that she simply grabbed a can without looking at it.

About a minute later she came back down to the lair and accused me of playing a practical joke. She had grabbed one of the cans of Shasta caffeine-free root beer that I use for making root beer floats.

Apparently the sudden discovery that she had a can of root beer was as she put it comparable to someone turning on the tap for a refreshing drink of water and instead ingesting gasoline.

I then spent the next five minutes or so laughing hysterically.

No comments: