Monday, May 23, 2005

Monday Night Confession

I once actually paid money to see a Jane Fonda movie.

The movie was BARBARELLA. It was playing at the Uptown theatre, which at the time was a revival house*. I believed at the time that because it predated the trip to Hanoi that it would be ethically okay for me to see it.

What can I say? BARBARELLA sucked.

By some accounts, Jane Fonda movies still suck.

I'll just have to take their word for it.




* A practice that basically died as a result of the mass distribution of VCR's. Dammit! Some movies, such as 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, can only be truly appreciated when shown on the big theatre screen.
_

1 comment:

Mark said...

BARBARELLA was Hanoi Jane's finest film! It showed off her most valuable assets, and I'm not talking about any possible acting skills.