Thursday, October 24, 2013

Insane Idea

Once upon a time ago when I was active in the Libertarian Party I decided to run for the opposite of progress in the Fifth Congressional district of Minnesota. The district at the time consisted solely of the City of Minneapolis and was locked up by the DFL Party* as a safe seat. Even though I could not turn in enough signatures to get on the ballot I did receive about twenty write in votes in that election.

This morning I thought: Why not try it again?

The current occupant of the seat is DFL member Keith Ellison, an open Muslim who made a show of taking the oath of office on President Jefferson's copy of the Koran. Which is akin to a Neo-Nazi taking the oath on Winston Churchill's copy of Mein Kampf. Furthermore the doctrine of Islam denies the validity of all real laws, including the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

So in moral effect the Fifth District seat is empty.

A run for Congress in a closed district is clearly a quixotic act but with the legitimacy issue who knows what will happen?**

And yes, I will accept the endorsement of the Tea Party.


* Democratic Farmer Labor Party. Yes, it's every bit as bad as it sounds.

** Possibly a Soviet lobotomy after which the Donks will use me as a martyr for gun control. Nothing is too insane for those who value power.

No comments: