Sunday, October 14, 2012

Thought Of The Day

While I normally avoid poetry as rule*, I will publish a poem on this site today.

This is a poem about Ho Chi Mihn by Nguyen Chi Thien, who spent nearly three decades imprisoned in Communist ruled Vietnam for having a mind:

Today May 19th

Today the 19th of May
In bed
I was about to write a poem to cuss Him out
The poetry started to smell like him
When I stopped.
For I thought
A shitty politician like him
Does not deserve
My sweating
To write poetry about
Even though it may be to cuss Him.
Even Marx
His fucking ancestor
Never did get a few lines from me!
So why bother?
Let the hacks with their prostituted pens
Comb his beard, pat his head, caress his arse!
So I went on to other business
The hell with Him!

Oh, and read this.

*Ayn Rand once said that Free Verse was lower than a free lunch.

No comments: