Thursday, March 12, 2009

Someone Else's Thought For The Day

Carl Pham had an interesting idea:


I bet if the entire Obama Administration and Democratic Congressional Leadership were sentenced to hang on December 1, 2009, if the stock market were not above 9000 and unemployment were not below 7%, they would become raging tax-cutting pro-business libertarians overnight.

I'm afraid that I would have to disagree.

To those who have adopted the ethical and spiritual mode of parasitism, power over the productive population is an absolute moral necessity.

I cannot repeat and emphasize this enough: For the Left POWER IS LIFE!

Surrendering power is in effect committing suicide and is therefore unthinkable. Faced with a deadline and a dance at the end of rope the parasitic master class will make every effort to identify and destroy the mechanism of their scheduled demise. The only way they will release a lever of power is if we pry their cold and dead fingers from it.

What are your questions on this block of instruction?

(Hat Tip to the Instapundit)

2 comments:

Mark said...

I think at least the "moderate" democrats and the conservative bluedog democrats have a stronger sense of survival.

Leslie Bates said...

I don't doubt that they have a sense of survival. I'm just not going to bet the farm (or my life) that they are going to give up power if they can find a way to avoid it.

One thing I think we can count on is that the people who are openly going on strike ("going Galt") are going to be openly punished in some fashion, pour encourager les autres. When they say "from each according to their ability", they mean it. Their lives depend on it.