Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Thought for the Day

I once brought up the subject of an armed uprising against a tyrannical state during the question and answer session after an Objectivist lecture. The lecturer (who I will refrain from naming to save him from further embarrassment) said, "we can't do that, we'll all be killed."

The fact of the matter is everyone dies. I would rather die as a free man standing up for my rights and Humanity in General than to be worked to death as a slave of Communist filth like Barack Obama.

What are your questions on this block of instruction?
_

4 comments:

AuricTech said...

I have a question, though I fear that it's one that must be asked of the lecturer:

Here in the United States, on which side of the liberty/tyranny divide does he think the majority of weapons expertise can be found?

Leslie Bates said...

One thing I've noticed with that faction (Peikoff's) of Objectivists is that they appear to have a uniform aversion to the private ownership of small arms. Which is absurd when you actually read the last chapters of ATLAS SHRUGGED.

Unknown said...

>as a slave of Communist filth like Barack Obama.

Wait, wait. You boycott a hobby shop because it snarks on both the RNC and the protesters outside.

Then you turn around and write *this*?

That seems like something of a double standard on political discourse.

Leslie Bates said...

Dan, it has been my experience that arguing with morons is an act of futility. But I will answer you this one last time.

I will not do business with those who insist on insulting me. This is a voluntary act of a private citizen that in no way violates any actual rights of anyone. Don and his crew at Uncle Hugo's can whine, moan, and groan all they want about the our continued refusal to drink the Kool-Aid. I will do nothing to stop them. And I simply will not do any further business with them.

Censorship is an exercise of state power carried out with the credible threat of deadly force. Censorship is an act that reduces Human Beings to the effective status of livestock.

If you cannot discern a difference between a private act that violates no one's actual rights and an act of forcible subjugation by a state then you sir are a fucking moron and I will waste no further effort in responding to you.