Friday, September 12, 2008

Rants of the Day

Someone calling himself Dan made this comment:

>Self Appointed Superior Beings who
>forcibly imposed

Ah, point of order, but it was popularly supported by the majority of voters, wasn't it?

I mean, that's how constitutional amendments normally get passed.

Does that mean that ALL laws and constitutional amendments are "forcibly imposed"?

Does that also mean that those same SASBs forcibly imposed the right of women to vote?

And similar SASBs imposed the direct election of senators, and the abolition of slavery?


I responded:

Government is force. When such force is used to protect Life Liberty, and Property it is necessary and good. When such force is used to treat other persons as if they were subhuman animals then it is destructive of Human Life and is therefore an evil.

The nature of Human Life defines the moral conditions under which Human beings must live. No act of legislation or majority vote can overturn a law of nature. Any attempt to do so is a futile and destructive act.

We in the United States were somewhat fortunate in that we got Prohibition and the New Deal while Europe and Russia were turned into totalitarian slaughterhouses.

And Dan, please try to get your facts straight. Chattel slavery was practiced by Superior Beings. It was the ordinary and decent people who went to war to end the practice of slavery.


But I had to go down and read a keyboard dropping this idiot left at an earlier posting of mine:

>as a slave of Communist filth like Barack Obama.

Wait, wait. You boycott a hobby shop because it snarks on both the RNC and the protesters outside.

Then you turn around and write *this*?

That seems like something of a double standard on political discourse.

What double standard?

I cannot and will not stop anyone from advocating slavery and murder. But if anyone actually tries to practice slavery and murder then I will do everything in my power to stop them. Permanently.

I immediately replied thus:

Dan, it has been my experience that arguing with morons is an act of futility. But I will answer you this one last time.

I will not do business with those who insist on insulting me. This is a voluntary act of a private citizen that in no way violates any actual rights of anyone. Don and his crew at Uncle Hugo's can whine, moan, and groan all they want about the our continued refusal to drink the Kool-Aid. I will do nothing to stop them. And I simply will not do any further business with them.

Censorship is an exercise of state power carried out with the credible threat of deadly force. Censorship is an act that reduces Human Beings to the effective status of livestock.

If you cannot discern a difference between a private act that violates no one's actual rights and an act of forcible subjugation by a state then you sir are a fucking moron and I will waste no further effort in responding to you.


And because of the aforementioned moron I will now repeat my Statement of Policy:

In a free country one may eject a obnoxious lout from their own home or place of business.

And unlike Comrade Stalin, I don't have an army of trench-coated goons to send out and murder those I disagree with. There is a VERY DISTINCT difference between the power of the state and the rights of the private citizen. Learn to live with it.

Furthermore, comparing someone to the bloodiest murderer of the 20th Century and calling that person a traitor and an enemy of freedom are gross insults and I am under no moral obligation to tolerate such on my weblog. Anyone who doesn't like that is free to whine about it on their own weblog.

I stand for INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY, which is the right of the individual person to control their own life and property, and as such this includes the right to refuse contact with those the individual disagrees with or otherwise finds obnoxious. Tyranny is when such refusals are answered with physical force.

I have said before and will continue to say that those have or who seek to establish tyranny are toxic to human life, and I have absolutely no ethical objections to dealing with them as such.


This means that Dan is now on my private delete before reading list.

Goodbye moron.




_

No comments: