Friday, October 21, 2005

Announcement

A master of pork barrel political spending has threatened to resign if his grossly useless and expensive projects are cancelled:

Sen. Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, was dramatic in his response: "I don't kid people," he roared. "If the Senate decides to discriminate against our state ... I will resign from this body."

Oh? Would you? Please?

"I've been here now almost 37 years," Stevens said. "This is the first time I have seen any attempt of any senator to treat my state in a way different from any other state."

The not terribly honorable Mr. Stevens appears to be fully immersed in the corrupt culture of using the contents of the public treasury to buy votes for himself. This is a practice that has to held in disrepute and ultimately brought to an end if our republic is to have a future.

Don't let the door hit your ass when you leave Mr. Stevens.
_

No comments: