Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Speaking of Filmmaking

On 20 Sep 2003 12:08:49 -0700, [FNORD] (Tom R. Rastell) wrote in red.arts.movies.production:

My idea is to make a movie that´is so bad, that it will be the new definition of bad.

It should be so bad, that "Plan 9 from outer Space" is Oscar-material against my movie.

What do I need for a really bad movie ?

My reply was:

A subject that you are really and truly passionate about that no one
else could give a rat's posterior for.

Stock footage.

Speak down to the audience with badly written diologue and exposition.

Stock footage.

Cut corners on production values in a way that is clearly visible on
screen.

Did I also say stock footage, you can never have enough stock footage.

I have enough untalented amateur actors, a story that makes no sense at all but equipment for decent quality.

A well known but washed up actor or actress is often an asset. Should
he or she drop dead in mid-production you should replace him or her
with someone who isn't quite a proper double.

Above all, have fun doing it.

No comments: