Thursday, August 08, 2019

Personal History

During the time I worked for Pizza Hut I was an effective driver and took a proactive stance with tasks such as dishwashing and store maintenance.  I even helped out on making some the simpler items on the menu.  The stone manager liked this and paid me above the standard rate. 

But there was a problem, when I would call in an order for food for myself I hated the push to buy items I didn’t want and I refrained from using those tactics when taking orders on the phone.  The local franchise holder was monitoring the phones and noted that wasn’t pushing the customers and the woman in charge of training tried to correct this.  She ordered me to call other stores and pretend to place orders and then rate how the person on line was performing.

Now in the United States Army when someone fails at a task in training they have to do the procedure over again until they do it right.  So from my view the order was wrong and I refused to follow it.

I was fired.

No comments: