Saturday, February 01, 2014

SPAM WARNING!

I just had my afternoon nap interrupted.  For someone in my present condition of being retired on disability it's somewhat like interrupting a sexual act.

I'm not happy about it.

At about 1600 CST my phone rang.  The voice sounded like a man who was speaking for the "Tea Party."  As I was a bit annoyed I interrupted the spiel and said, "get to the point."

It behaved like a computer program.  It did not understand anything I said.  It then followed the  "politely end the conversation" part of the program and hung up.

Frankly I was surprised.  I would have expected something like this from the mainstream GOP.  The original TEA PARTY followed the plan laid out in a book by Robert A. Heinlein:  TAKE BACK YOUR GOVERNMENT.  (My copy is in plain view at the moment.)  Following his program I would have expected an actual TEA PARTY activist to have been on the line.

I have actual experience in political fundraising.  During the period between my pizza delivery job and driving a cab I worked for two weeks raising funds for the Republican Party of Minnesota.  As rough as it can be on the fundraiser there is NO EXCUSE for treating the potential donor as just another sucker.  

What are your questions on this block of instruction?




No comments: